Neuro-linguistic Programming for Dummies 3E (For Dummies (Psychology & Self Help))
Neuro–linguistic programming (NLP) has taken the psychology world by storm. So much more than just another quick–fix or a run–of–the–mill self–help technique, NLP shows real people how to evaluate the ways in which they think, strategise, manage their emotional state and view the world. This then enables them to positively change the way they set and achieve goals, build relationships with others, communicate and enhance their overall life skills. Sounds great, right? But where do you begin? Thankfully, that′s where this friendly and accessible guide comes in!
Free of intimidating jargon and packed with lots of easy–to–follow guidance which you can put in to use straight away, Neuro–linguistic Programming For Dummies provides the essential building blocks of NLP and shows you how to get to grips with this powerful self–help technique. Highlighting key NLP topics, it helps you recognize and leverage your psychological perspective in a positive fashion to build self–confidence, communicate effectively and make life–changing decisions with confidence and ease.
- Includes updated information on the latest advances in neuroscience
- Covers mindfulness coaching, social media and NLP in the digital world
- Helps you understand the power of communication
- Shows you how to make change easier
If you′re new to this widely known and heralded personal growth technique―either as a practitioner or homegrown student―Neuro–linguistic Programming For Dummies covers everything you need to benefit from all it has to offer.
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 3rd Revised edition edition (16 Oct. 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119106117
- ISBN-13: 978-1119106111
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2.3 x 23.4 cm
From the Back Cover
- Choose the right computer, get set up, and get online
- Use the new features of Windows? 10
- Exchange emails and share photos with family and friends
- Shop, bank, and communicate with others online safely
Discover what you′ve been missing! Start exploring all Windows 10 and your computer can do
Computers have come a long way in a short time ? they′re now at the heart of the way most people communicate, shop, and learn. If you′ve been too busy or intimidated to learn the ropes, this friendly guide will quickly ? and painlessly ? get you up and running and show you just how fun and useful working with a computer can be.
- Oh, the places you′ll go ? get an overview of Cortana? and find out how to use it to search the web, create apps, and identify music
- Let your voice be heard ? use Skype? to make online calls, participate in IM, and utilize webcams to keep in touch with family and friends near and far
- Grab the popcorn ? buy apps and media content in the Store and then watch videos and listen to music on your computer
- Give yourself an edge ? find out everything you need to know about Microsoft Edge, the new and improved Internet browser
- It′s all in the details ? use the Action Center to display notifications and quick settings, make your way to the Start menu to work with apps, and utilize Task View to create and view multiple desktops
Open the book and find:
- How to use the accessibility features, including Magnifier, Speech Recognition, and Narrator
- Discover how to store and share files and work with services online in the cloud
- Guidance on using social networking and online dating sites
- How to take, upload, and share photos and videos with the Camera and Photos app
- Steps for setting up a wireless network
- Tips for troubleshooting software and scheduling maintenance tasks
About the Author
Nancy C. Muir is the owner of a writing and consulting company that specializes in business and technology topics. She has authored more than 100 books, including Laptops For Seniors For Dummies and iPhone For Seniors For Dummies. Nancy holds a certificate in Distance Learning Design and has taught Internet safety and technical writing at the college level.